Prepare to be spellbound as OZACT presents THE TEMPEST, Shakespeare's timeless tale of magic, mystery and mayhem. The quarreling survivors of a terrible shipwreck washed up on a lonely shore are confronted by this strange and embittered enchanter, his beautiful daughter, and their strange associates, heralding a journey of dramatic adventure, swirling passions, confrontations and reconciliations.
Loch Ard Gorge is situated in the Port Campbell National Park, and is one of the highlights along the Great Ocean Road. It is also the historic site where the only two survivors from the Loch Ard shipwreck washed ashore in 1878.
This production will run for one weekend ONLY in January 2020.
Please read the details below, so you can be fully informed and prepared before you book your tickets.
LOCH ARD GORGE VENUE DETAILS
• See parking details below.
• No chairs are permitted, this is not negotiable. Cushions only. We will allow cushions with backrest if needed, (No folding chairs and no low beach chairs permitted).
• No Esky or Hampers Permitted, if needed you can bring a drink and snacks in a backpack.
• No Pets Permitted. Under National Park regulations, pets are not permitted; please leave them safely at home.
• The nearest toilets are a short drive to the Twelve Apostles Visitor Centre or Port Campbell, please plan a stop before the show.
This location is accessible only via a stairway of approximately 70 narrow steps.
Unfortunately this may not be suitable for all, however we do have other locations within our touring season which might suit those with mobility restrictions, see our events page for other options.
Thank you - We appreciate your understanding and acceptance of these conditions. Loch Ard Gorge on Victoria's Shipwreck Coast is an iconic setting for Shakespeare's Tempest and we are pleased to be able to return to this spectacular location and happy to do what we can to to help to ensure this as an annual performance location once again for OZACT productions.
• Please see map for audience parking area and ensure you arrive with plenty of time to find a park and get to the performance location before the show begins.